Thursday, February 13, 2014

Loss and Contemplating Life

This past week Morgan's Grandma Heiner passed away in a car accident. We attended her funeral on Monday up in Idaho. It was a great time for visiting and remembering a wonderful woman. I only knew her for a year and 9 months, but I loved her so much. She was such a happy sweet lady and hearing about her life this last weekend only solidified that thought. The world truly lost one of its most stalwart people. I'm sure she is busy on the other side.


My sister-in-law Aleisha wrote a blog post about how death often causes us to pause and consider what is most important in our lives. I definitely felt that way this past week as I also learned that a 21-year-old friend of mine from BYU was hit by an avalanche and didn't make it. Life can be so fleeting and be taken from us at any moment. Trials and loss are all a part of this life. My faith, love for the Lord and family are what are most important to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment