Friday, May 25, 2012

{5.12.12}

Here are a few wedding picture teasers. I am very pleased with them. Natalie did such a fantastic job!

Well, what does a person say about their wedding day...it of course was fantastic! I would like to say that I was cool as a cucumber, but the night before the wedding was about as restless as waiting for Christmas. I woke up around four and didn't completely fall asleep after that. Sick of the endless butterflies, and not quite breathing correctly, I decided that sleep was pointless around 6:00am. I got ready in the downstairs girls bathroom with all my dear sisters, a few cousins and two aunts. It was quite the adventure and felt like I was taking a trip back to high school when all four of us girls would get ready at the same time in the mornings. Morgan and I then grabbed everything we needed and headed to the Twin Falls temple.  


 We arrived at the temple and there were kind temple workers there to help us. I think we may have been the only couple being married in the Twin Falls temple that day. The sealing was beautiful. I told Morgan that I didn't think I was going to cry. Ha, that was a huge lie (to myself). I think I started crying the moment I walked in the room and didn't stop until it was over. It was SO incredible and special.

 We then, of course, took pictures outside the temple with family/friends. The weather was PERFECT! Nice and warm, but not hot and there was hardly any wind, which is rare for Idaho. My sister Rebekah did all the flowers. She is SO talented and did such a wonderful job.

 The reception was that night. Our theme was a new story and a new song because Morgan is good with words (expressing himself with words, and just loving them) and I am better at the music stuff. My sister's and mother decorated our great room with old books, old music, flowers, red and yellow ribbons, and old windows and crates. We served popcorn (Morgan's favorite), chocolate pretzels (Morgan's other favorite), and had an ice cream bar (my favorite...and now kind of Morgan's other favorite as well). One of our family friends, Alan, played the piano through the whole event. He played old music: big band, jazz standards, and ballads. He didn't use a single sheet of music.

 Halfway through we cut the cake, threw the bouquet and I sang a song to my new hubby. We then loaded up the gifts and drove off in the sunset...


Ok...it was past sunset when we finally were able to leave, but it was SUCH a perfect day. Now I am Mrs. Eliza Lyons, married to the best man for me and happy to start this new chapter in my life!

~ <***> ~

3 comments:

  1. such a cute blog! love it.

    I also bawled through my whole sealing, while brian just smiled at me. :)

    i'm excited for you! lets get together soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessed day! :D Congratulations to a beautiful couple, both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete