
Well, I did it. I had my Senior recital. The culmination of my entire vocal collegiate work, summed up in one evening. The following is a list of my program:
Eliza Christensen’s Recital Program
Saper vorreste from Un Ballo in Maschera-Giuseppe Verdi (b. 1813-1901)
Voi, che sapete from Le Nozze di Figaro-Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (b. 1756-1791)
Beau soir-Claude Debussy (b. 1862-1918)
Clair de Lune-Gabriel Fauré (b. 1845-1924)
Morgen-Richard Strauss (b. 1864-1949)
Der Gärtner-Hugo Wolf (b. 1860-1903)
The Metropolitan Tower-Lori Laitman (b. 1955)
Meadowlark from The Baker’s Wife-Stephen Schwartz (b. 1948)
The entire recital was about 55 minutes. I did the recital with another girl name, Gretchen Davidson. My portion of the program was about 24 minutes.It really was great to get to perform what I had been working on so hard. I received many compliments and tons of feedback afterwards. One of the best comments of the evening was from my friend, Laura Turner (who is also a Music Ed. Major). She said, "Eliza's finally found her voice!" I just thought that was great, that a peer could see the progress and hear the difference.
I am extremely grateful for all of the family and friends who took time out of their busy schedules to come and see me. My Christensen grandparents and my Rodabough grandma came. All of my siblings and both parents (my dad giving up a bike race to be there) were also in attendance. My Aunt Stacy and cousins, Benjamin and Jess, were also there. I am so grateful for their support. Thanks!
No comments:
Post a Comment