Thursday, April 28, 2011

It's a gift to be...

I don't know where that title came from, but i'm going with it. So, fall semester has ended and spring semester has already begun. I got a total of 4.5 days off from school. Exciting, right? Anyway, I am currently undertaking 7 credit hours on top of preparing for a recital, and continuing to train for a marathon and a triathlon and surprisingly it is much easier than last semester was. I think it is because I only have to split myself 3 ways instead of 9 (3 spring classes, 9 winter classes--just in case you didn't catch on :D ).

So, today has been kind of a down day for me. I don't do well with change, especially when I feel like I am being left behind. Today one of my favorite people in the whole wide world left for the summer. Her name is Jessica Hart, and she is simply amazing! I am just really going to miss her, especially since she decided to go on a mission and won't be returning next year. I also miss hanging out with my sister, who has now returned home to work for my dad. Everything is changing which is good, but I find it hard to allow the change to change me and to just let go.

Now onto the better things. This morning there was a hot air balloon floating over the Clyde building. It reminded me of how much I want to ride in one. Also, yesterday I played Ultimate Frisbee with some friends. I really enjoyed playing because I didn't get worn out. So, running everyday has its benefits. ;) I'm in love with the warm weather, I almost have my homework done for the day, I had an excellent voice lesson yesterday, I have a great new accompanist and she made me dinner last night (thanks Aurelia!). I really do love life and things are just fantastic! I also love, love, LOVE the gospel. I cannot say how important it is in my life. I am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who listens and councils and guides both tenderly and sometimes forcefully when I am not paying close attention to what I need to be doing. What a wonderful plan, work, and gospel I have the opportunity to take part in. It's a gift to be....a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!

No comments:

Post a Comment